Re: ISA AWE64 not detected

Thus spake Donald R. Spoon (dspoon@satx.rr.com):

> 8. As root, open up /etc/modutils/sndconfig with a text editor and
> edit the line starting with "post intall..." to read "post-install
> awe_wave /usr/bin/sfxload /etc/midi/synthgm.sbk".  You can use any of
> the "sbk" files installed in #3, but I liked the sound of the
> synthgm.sbk file the best.  You can change the soundbank file used
> "on-the-fly" after the system is setup by running this command
> (/usr/bin/sfxload /etc/midi/????.sbk).  If you like one better than
> the other just edit this file again with the one you like and do step
> #9 again.

As a note, I think this package should go back to putting sfxload in
/bin, since I have a separate /usr partition that isn't mounted until
after the module is inserted.  I just submitted a bug report alerting
the maintainer.

--
Justin R. Miller <incanus@codesorcery.net>
PGP/GnuPG Key ID 0xC9C40C31 (preferred)