Re: Is there an easier way to fake deb package?

 --- Sean 'Shaleh' Perry <shalehperry@home.com> wrote:

> On 03-Nov-2001 Steve Kieu wrote:

> Faking the package system is rarely easy or safe.

I did it, thanks someone told me using equivs

> Why not just make your own
> lynx deb?  Grab the lynx source, apply your changes

that is good idea but I got good working lynx binary
(cant remember when compile it)

there are several packages that I need to fake as I
installed them before (timidity-patches, timidity, and
it takes time to re-compile and edit - modify it to
make real deb package which is in turn not a trivial
task if the source is not debian source.

Thanks

> and recompile it.  Then
> tell dselect to hold the package and it will not be
> upgraded out from underneath

=====
S.KIEU

http://briefcase.yahoo.com.au - Yahoo! Briefcase