Re: fstab mounts not mounting

Thus spake Adam Warner:
> On Sat, 2001-11-03 at 19:41, Rory O'Connor wrote:
> > I can mount filesystems from the command line just fine, but for some
> > reason when i add them to the fstab file, they don't mount at boot time.
> >  is there and additional step I am missing...or is my syntax just wrong?

> > <dump>  <pass>
> > /dev/hdd1       /home/rory/mp3  ext2    defaults,ro,user,noauto
> > 0       1
>
> Remove "noauto" from your options :-)
>
> Regards,
> Adam
I think you also want the last number to be a 2 - from man fstab:
The sixth field, (fs_passno), is used by the fsck(8)  pro­
gram to determine the order in which filesystem checks are
done at reboot time.  The root filesystem should be speci­
fied  with  a fs_passno of 1, and other
filesystems should have a fs_passno of 2.
Good luck,
Steve

--
<knghtbrd> *sigh*  My todo list is like the fucking energizer bunny
<knghtbrd> It keeps growing and growing and growing and ...