Re: IDE CD recorder, in machine with SCSI tape?

On 02-Nov 08:37, Stan Brown wrote:
> K, at this point i've tried this on 2 different machines. Here's the
> scenarion
>
> HP cd16ri CD recorder installed in machines with Aadaptec SCSI host card,
> each has exactly on device on the SCSI bus. Both are Debian potato +
> Progeny + 2.4x kernels ( one 2.4.3, and 1 2.4.9). On the machine at home I
> have the folowing modules loaded:
>

> Module                  Size  Used by
> sg                     22832   0  (autoclean)
> mousedev                4496   0  (unused)
> input                   3904   0  [mousedev]
> ide-scsi                8112   0
> aic7xxx               117072   0
> scsi_mod               86368   3  [sg ide-scsi aic7xxx]
> ne                      6880   1
>
> NOw, acording to the CD Recording HOWTO, I should be able to run "cdrecord
> -scanbus" and see what my avaialble devise are. Unfortunately, on both
> machines it just reports 7 slots, one of which has the SCSI tape in it.
>
> How can I make this scenarion work?

As you have true scsi, you don't need ide-scsi. "cdrecord -scanbus"
should<tm> pick up all of your scsi devices. That it doesn't makes me
wonder if enabling your kernel to "probe all LUNs" will help. It is a
kernel config question.

> BTW on the machine at home the tape device is really a tape changer, and I
> can control it using mtx, so I know the SCSI generic stuff is working
> corectly.

...and this shows that scsi works...

> Thanks for any sugestions.
>
> --