Re: [debian-user] I'm coming on board

On Fri, Nov 02, 2001 at 10:29:54AM -0800, lloyder@canada.com wrote:
> [...]

It isn't difficult if someone else gives you the filters to start with
:-).

| Does anyone else see the benefit for server-side subject line

Once you have your filters set up, and you view the list of messages
in a folder, you alredy know what list they came from because they are
in that folder.  Also, some people use mailers in an 80x24 terminal so
there are only about 40 characters for your subject to fit on the
screen.  If it starts out as "[debian-user] " then you have lost 35%
of the space in which to explain your problem so that your message is
read before it is filed in the bit-bucket.

I agree that it is nice when you don't have filters, but it is not
useful when you do have filters set up right.

-D