Re: [debian-user] install with 3 partitions

Um... You can't mount /home, /tmp, /usr, and /var on hda5. You can only
mount a partition at one place at a time.

You _can_ make one partition a piece for home, tmp, usr, and var and do
something like:

mount /dev/hda5 /home
mount /dev/hda6 /usr
mount /dev/hda7 /var

...I'm not sure you want to mount /tmp seperately. To be on the safe
side... might want to leave that where it is.

lloyder@canada.com wrote:

> Yall,
>
> Following "Installing Debian GNU/Linux 2.2 For Intel x86
> Chapter 4 Partitioning Your Hard Drive "
>
> As recommended, I have layed down three partitions:
> hda1 Primary, bootable 50MB ext2
> hda5 Logical, 1GB ext2
> hda6 Logical, 233MB swap
>
> I want:
>   / -> hda1
>   /home, /tmp, /usr, /var, -> dha5
>
> >From the Potato 2.2rev2 installer, I choose
> "Mount a Previously-Initialized Partion" after
> "Initialize a Linux Partition", but it identifies that there are no unmounted
> partions.  I tried to use "Initialize a Linux Partition" with 'other',
> multiple ',' seperated (guess) arguments, but the installer really did
> not like me then. Somebody must have a good way of doing what I am trying to do.
>
> Best regards,
> Lloyd D Budd

Rich Puhek
ETN Systems Inc.