Re: Mutt - sent-date hook?

* Wayne Topa (wtopa@dmcom.net) wrote:
> Patrick Mahoney(patrick.mahoney@polymtl.ca) is reported to have said:
> > Hello all,
> >
> > Since Mutt since to be a hot topic, might as well...  I'm looking
> > for a way to put my outgoing mail in a month-dependent-mailbox so i
> > could retrieve a sent mail more easily. I would have mailboxes of
> > the form Sent/Oct-01 , Sent/Nov-01 , etc...
> >
> > Ive gone through Mutt's documentation, and havent found any
> > sent-date-hook or the equivalent. Anyone has an idea on how to do
> > this?
>

> I use: set record=+sent-mail-`date +%Y-%m`

   Beautiful. It looks like it does pay off to read the manual. Even
though it was intended for somebody else this is the solution that
scratched my long standing itch as well. Thank you.

  Alex.

Oleksandr Moskalenko
malex@purdue.edu
pub  1024D/6C5F196B 2001-08-17 /* http://www.tagancha.org/pgp */
Oleksandr V. Moskalenko (Alex) <malex@tagancha.org>
Fingerprint = EE63 C471 ADBA 5D80 ADFB  1054 DA28 6F32 6C5F 196B