Recording CD's (data)

I've set up a new machine at work using Debian. I want to use mindi, and
mondo to create a disaster recovery CD.

I'm having a bit of a problem getting mindi to work, and in the meantime
I'v bought an installed a CD recorder. This is my first experience with
such a device, so I thought I would try it out. It's a HP cd16ri, which is
an IDE device.

I installed cdrecord, and looked at the man page. It talks about SCSI
devices. I'm confused.

Could anyone give me some advice as to how to make a quick test & see if
this device is working? I was thinking of burning, say one of the Debian
ISO images.

I have the device installed such that it's /dev/hda (yes really) and I have
a symlink to /dev/cdwriter. I can mount a CD in this drive, and read it.

What else do I need to do to write a CD?

--
Stan Brown     stanb@awod.com                                    843-745-3154
Charleston SC.