Re: "upgrade" vs "dist-upgrade"

On Wed, Oct 31, 2001 at 09:02:38PM -0500, Bob Underwood wrote:
> IIRC, some have suggested a cycle of "upgrade" followed by "dist-upgrade"
> when moving from one distribution to another.  Is there an advantage to this
> as regards split/packages, changed directory structures, etc.?

I'm one of the people who makes such suggestions.  I mainly do it
that way because I feel it gives me a better idea of what's going on
- first, I do the upgrade and get everything that hasn't changed a
whole lot, then I do the dist-upgrade and get to look at where the
structure has been shuffled around.

have already won. - reverius

Innocence is no protection when governments go bad. - Mr. Slippery