Re: XWindow

Joewidere@aol.com wrote:

I'll start my problem w/a confession: my new computer has a winmodem (which I'll replace). The Debian installation is amazingly smooth -- until I get to XWindow. At that point, I can get nothing but Cannot Connect. If the winmodem is the culprit, the solution is obvious. But at this point I wonder if I missed something. Can you advise me or give me a HOWTO link? Anything that puts me back on the road will be appreciated. TIA.

The "Cannot Connect" error you mention is not related to the winmodem. There's some text above that error that is what we need to see. In it somewhere is (probably) the cause of the problem (can't use the mouse settings, or the video settings, or something similar).

Kent