libexpat1 (1.95.2-2.1) broke PHP4

I don't know exactly where to post this, so forgive if this is the wrong list.

I did an apt-get update and apt-get upgrade today. After this my PHP4 package
didn't work correctly anymore.
When I run a PHP4 script on the console I got the following error:
php4: error while loading shared libraries: libexpat.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory

The file libexpat.so.0 doesn't exist anymore. Before the upgrade to libexpat1
(1.95.2-2.1) I had no problem with running scripts.
After I made a symlink from libexpat.so.1 to libexpat.so.0, my scripts did work
again. But I don't know if this is a good solution.

FYI: I run Woody on a Pentium 60 with 16 MB ram.
Woody was installed by a net-install about a month ago.