Re: automate maildelivery

On 31 Oct, proftpd wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I would like to have my linuxbox sending me the /var/log/messages file on a
> regular bases.
>
> Creating the syslog correct is not the problem, neither to run cron.
> But how do i produce the mail including the attachment?
>
> Many thanks
>
> markus

Maybe you also want to take a look at logcheck:

# apt-get install logcheck

Logcheck will filter out "uninteresting" messages and highlight
potential security violations - both types of messages are very
configurable, and it comes with several default configurations.
--
Stephen Ryan                                        Debian GNU/Linux
Technology Coordinator