X with one and optionally two mice

Hi!

I've got a Debian Potato notebook with Adrian Bunk's 2.4 kernels, thus
gaining USB support (amongst others).

Now I'd like to set up my XF86_SVGA 3.3.6 in a way that the internal
touchpad is always working and the external trackball connected via USB
is working when plugged in, but no error is generated when not plugged
in.

At present I have an additional XInput section (with AlwaysCore) in the
XF86Config file. But this prevents the XServer from starting if the
trackball isn't plugged in.

Is there any neat solution?

Can the same be done for gpm?

TIA.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>
 PGP 2 and OpenPGP keys available from my home page

 VirusScan Message:  Windows 3.1 found:  Remove it? (Y/n)