Re: 2nd core pointer speed settings in XFree4

Timo \"Blazko\" Boewing wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Today I installed an USB graphic tablet under Sid w/ XF86 v4. I
> installed the tablet as second USB mouse device and it works well in X
> so far (okay, with no pressure sensitivity, but anyhow...). The problem
> ist that the pen is slightly too fast.

It's a long time since I used a tablet, and I didn't have to set it up.

But does it make sense to adjust the speed in that sense? Surely the
distance on the tablet has to maintain the correct scale to the distance
on the screen in order to be useful? I guess you might want to configure
it to your application, but I would have thought that was beyond what X
can do.

I guess it all depends on what you're doing with it.

Richard