Re: HP CD Writer 7200 broken since kernel 2.4

Britton <fsblk@aurora.uaf.edu> writes:

> I am using ide-scsi, etc., everything used to work correctly, but these
> days, cdparanoia will read the first track, then pause, then come SCSI
> errors and timeouts, and finally a complete system crash.
>
> I think this started happening around the time I went to 2.4.  Has anyone
> else run into/beaten a problem like this?

I had similar problems with my BTC writer (BCE 621E (IDE), I believe)
and, after looking all over the net and finding different posts to
newsgroups and lists that linked my or similar problems to everything
from recent versions of cdparanoia and cdrecord to the 2.4 kernel, my
power company fried my cdr and it now refuses to eject half the time.

I know the above is not very helpful, if at all, but I suggest you
search for the error messages you're getting on http://groups.google.com
and http://www.google.com. The cdr faq (currently at
http://www.cdrfaq.org) may also provide some idea as to what's going on...

You can also post the exact error messages to this group (you didn't
provide enough info in this post) but I doubt that you'll get much back.

HTH