Re: Creating new kernel with initrd?

#include <hallo.h>
Timothy Webster wrote on Mon Oct 29, 2001 um 04:52:54PM:
> Upgrading to 2.4.12-k6 with initrd works fine.
>
> Using kernellab I create a new kernel 2.4.12-ac6.

What is kernellab? Whatever, if you take official Linus' sources,
don't use them. They don't support for many filesystems on initrd,
including cramfs needed by our mkinitrd. Use the kernel-source-2.4.13
package from Sid.

> Ramdisk: Couldn't find vaild RAM disk image starting at 0.

The line preceding this is important. But it looks like
initrd-vs.-cramfs fuckage.

Gruss/Regards,
Eduard.
--
"Wenn er die Reise bloß gut übersteht - sonst heißt es nachher noch,
dass