Re: mouse doesn't work with xdm

Ingo Hohmann <ingo@2b1.de> writes:

> Hi Karsten, Cameron,
>
> Once upon a time Karsten M. Self spoketh thus: > on Sat, Oct 27, 2001
> at 07:16:14PM +0200, Ingo Hohmann (ingo@2b1.de) wrote:
> > > Hi all,
> > >
> > > I've got a little problem with my mouse:
>
> After getting rid of gpm my mouse works now on /dev/psaux, 3 buttons
> and wheel!

Note that it is possible to run gpm and X simultanously.  You merely
need to reconfigure gpm to repeat the raw output to /dev/gpmdata.  My
/etc/gpm.conf looks like (modify with gpmconfig):

device=/dev/psaux
responsiveness=
repeat_type=raw
type=imps2
append=""
sample_rate=

and then configure your XF86Config with something like:

Option          "Device"                "/dev/gpmdata"
Option          "Protocol"              "imps/2"

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>