Re: Annoying Mozilla 0.9.5 behavior

On Monday 29 October 2001 16:30, Rick Pasotto wrote:

> I normally run junkbuster and it looks like this somehow confuses
> 0.9.5. What happens is that the wrong page gets loaded. [snip]
> Setting the proxy to 'direct internet connection' solved the problem.

I've been noticing this for awhile (Moz 0.9.3, 0.9.4, 0.9.5) and I
found yesterday from the nice mozilla folks on IRC that this is a
known falut with junkbuster.

Apparently, junkbuster doesn't handle HTTP 1.1 connections and "keep
alive" connections, and generally plays fast and loose with HTTP
standards.  They recommended replacing it, perhaps with webwasher,
though it looks like webwasher is restrictively licensed.

Gordon