Re: woody stable?? when?

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 08:51:51PM +0000, Keith Willoughby wrote:
> Colin Watson <cjwatson@debian.org> writes:
> > On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:50:42PM +0100, Martin Kacerovsky wrote:
> > > You are quite not concrete(factual) ;-)
> >
> > Nobody can be. The response to "when will the next Debian release
> > happen" has always been "when it's ready".
>
> Is there a definition of "ready"?

When the release manager decides it is. :)

> No Critical bugs?

As far as possible, plus having the same versions of packages built for
all architectures, plus having gone through a test cycle in which
nothing was reported that merited holding up the release, plus having
working installation disks for all architectures, plus probably a few
things I haven't thought of here. "Ready" is usually obvious as the
freeze progresses, but one thing that's clear now is that it isn't ready
yet.

It gets harder as the number of packages and architectures both grow,
which is one of the problems the testing distribution is trying to
solve.