Re: No boot after reinstall

Hello Bob,

Thanks for the hint. You made my day.

I took my Potato discs, booted with rescue root=/dev/hda3 and got into Linux.
Then I ran install-mbr /dev/hda3 and it reinstalled the MBR.
Holding down the shift key now lets me choose which partion I want to boot
(choice between 1FA).
I haven't got the old situation back (with the new red LILO choice screen),
but I can get into my system, so I'm happy. I need to re-examine my
lilo.conf and maybe check some other options for install-mbr. We'll see.

Cheers,

Hans