Re: update-menus for user?

Marc Wilson <mwilson@moonkingdom.net> wrote:

> On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:30:21PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:

> > Nothing went wrong actually. I just had to remove
> > ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu, then the menus generated by
> > update-menus appeared but this has the downside that now I
> > can't add my own customizations with hotkeys etc. through the
> > wmaker configuration tool, wprefs, so I think I'm gonna dump
> > the Debian menu-system unless somebody has an idea how to
> > overcome this.
>
> What's to overcome?  Create whatever you like as your
> WindowMaker menu, include the Debian menu hook within it.  That
> way you have the best of both worlds.

I have tried placing this one

  "/etc/X11/WindowMaker/menu.hook"

at the beginning of my own customized WMRootMenu, as well as at
the end of it and also inside the first brace for good measure
- but I get nothing but the menu generated by Debian, i.e. my
own menu entries are not there.

Is it indeed the right hook and if so where should I place it?

> I create a menu that has what *I* use most on it easily
> accessible, and then include the Debian one so that I can get
> to the rest of the stuff installed on the box.

That's what I'd like! ;-)

Regards,

Morten

PS: Sorry for saying that I would "dump" the debian menus. One
should not use such offensive wording about the good work that
others are doing, but it was out of moment's frustration.

--
"Nothing in life is so exhilarating as to be shot at without result."
                                                (Winston Churchill)