Re: update-menus for user?

On Mon, Oct 29, 2001 at 03:30:21PM +0100, Morten Bo Johansen wrote:
> Nothing went wrong actually. I just had to remove
> ~/GNUstep/Defaults/WMRootMenu, then the menus generated by
> update-menus appeared but this has the downside that now I
> can't add my own customizations with hotkeys etc. through the
> wmaker configuration tool, wprefs, so I think I'm gonna dump
> the Debian menu-system unless somebody has an idea how to
> overcome this.

What's to overcome?  Create whatever you like as your WindowMaker menu,
include the Debian menu hook within it.  That way you have the best of both
worlds.

I create a menu that has what *I* use most on it easily accessible, and
then include the Debian one so that I can get to the rest of the stuff
installed on the box.

Note also that you could always just do menu overrides and change the
Debian menu around however you wanted.  See 'man menu' for details.

--
Marc Wilson
mwilson@moonkingdom.net