Xstartup, non-zero status

Hi again,

I have managed to boot into the login screen with kdm and when I complete the
login, the desktop starts to load then I get the following error message:

startup program /usr/X11R6/lib/kdm/Xstartup exited with non-zero status.
Please contact your system administrator. (well thats me any way) ;-)

The kdm dir in this path is not present so neither is Xstartup. I would have
thought that this would have been installed with the other files, or am I
missing something again?

I installed XFree86-4.02 because the install of XFree86-v4.1.0-7 from a server
didn't seem to be complete, and I didn't know what was missing.

This is very strange because I have had XFree4* and KDE running together
before with out any problems.

Best Wishes,

--
John

Always remember that you are unique.  Just like everyone else.
mail: chaos@lamiga.screaming.net http://www.lordofchaos.co.uk ICQ 110130385
Nick = Chaos A1200 BlizzardPPC 240mhz 060/50 BlizzardVision OS3.9