Re: Packages to run kernel 2.4.x on potato (release 20)

I have installed Debian potato 2.2r3 with kernel 2.2.19 and I have
a Teles 16.3c PnP Isdn card...

With kernel 2.2.19 it works ok and I see in the syslog messages that the
card
is successfully detected and that the HISAX driver is loaded ending with 2
channels added....

Install your packages with kernel 2.4.9 but kompiled the kernel myself
compiling in
the same modules as in 2.2.19.
But during boot it looks like modules.conf file isn't read and HISAX
fails......
but I have no other problems with the 2.4.9 kernel. System works ok except
from
the problems detecting my ISDN card.

Have not tried to download modutils-2.4.9 but used modutils-2.4.6 with
kernel-source-2.4.9

I have tried to compile the kernel-source approximately 10 times with
different options to see if
my ISDN card is detected but no success so far......

Kjell Helge