Re: woody stable?? when?

On Sun, Oct 28, 2001 at 11:50:42PM +0100, Martin Kacerovsky wrote:

> > Sid is an unstable kid, hence 'unstable' will retain the name 'sid'.
> > You wouldn't want to call a stable release "sid", now would you?
>
> So when "the distribution" that's known as sid now, will get another name
> while turning testing?

sid will never be stable.  "sid" == "unstable" for all time.  Once woody
is released, a new name will be given to "testing".  I don't know what
that name is, but it will come from Toy Story, like all the rest of the
Debian release names.  Eventually that will be released as stable, and a
new testing will be created.  "sid" will remain "unstable" throughout,
though.

noah