Re: nvidia-drivers in testing

Jan Ulrich Hasecke said:
> Hi,
>
> I've just installed nvidia-kernel 1.0.1541-2 and nvidia-glx
> 1.0.1541 the debian way.
>
> I am running testing with xfree 4.1.0-8
>
> I have a RIVA TNT2 Card.
>
> With the new drivers I can not exit from gnome.  And I cannot
> shutdown anymore!
>
> With 1251 I have no problems.
>
> When I install the drivers the nvidian-way, download and make, I
> had the same problems. So it's perhaps not a debian problem.

doesn't sound like it is .....i am running the new 1541 drivers
as of last night and upgraded to xfree 4.1.0-8 as well on
my geforce2 MX200. running with the drivers offa nvidia.com.
haven't had any problems sofar. well there was a console freeze
when i was switching back and forth between X during upgrades last
night, but i almostnever do that. i run kdm and afterstep in X.
1600x1200x24bit.

what happens when you can't exit from gnome? does CTRL+ALT+BACKSPACE
do anything? does the system crash? does it hang?

nate