[wehresj@mail.auburn.edu: Re: Xine-ui - no sound]

----- Forwarded message from Scott Wehrenberg <wehresj@mail.auburn.edu> -----

To: Stephen Gran <gashuffer09@home.com>
Subject: Re: Xine-ui - no sound
From: Scott Wehrenberg <wehresj@mail.auburn.edu>

On Sat, Oct 27, 2001 at 06:34:40PM -0400, Stephen Gran wrote:
> The title just about says it all, I guess.  I installed the new xine-ui
> and libxine0 out of sid, and I no longer get sound.  From the man page:
> xine -A esd *should* tell it to use esd as the audio, but it fails with
> an error message:
> load_plugins: audio output plugin
> /usr/lib/xine/plugins/xineplug_ao_out_alsa.so failed to link:
> /usr/lib/xine/plugins/xineplug_ao_out_alsa.so: undefined symbol:
> snd_mixer_selem_is_active

Try installing the latest libaudiofile0 and libarts, that got sound
working for me. The maintainer, jor, told me on IRC that the problem I had
was stemming from the latest xine being built on these packages (and
maybe one more but I can't remember). Hope that helps.

Scott Wehrenberg

----- End forwarded message -----
Just moving the discussion back tot the list, and unfortunately, I
already had those installed.  Oh well.
Steve
--
Steele's Law:
	There exist tasks which cannot be done by more than ten men