Re: video card detection

As with any software sometimes it will not detect all
hardware.  I know on my Laptop I have the S3 Savage
and during initial installation this card was not
detected, I had to manually configure it.  During that
process you will get to a data base of video cards and
it should be on that list.  You need to know what
video card that you have, the vertical and horizonal
refresh rates, and the amount of video ram that you
have. If you go to the Debain site there is good
installation documentation available for your reading.
HTH
Don