Re: Aliasing a NIC

On Fri, 2001-10-26 at 17:14, John Purser wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Once upon a time I knew how to make linux use multiple IP addresses for one
> ethernet NIC card.  I believe the format looked like "eth0:0" but I can't
> remember the rest of it.  Can someone point me to a HOW-TO or man reference?
> I did it before on a Red Hat box using linuxconfig but now I'm trying to do
> it on a Debian woody box running a 2.4.10 kernel.  I need to know what files
> to edit and what the format of the configuration.

This is my /etc/network/interface

# /etc/network/interfaces -- configuration file for ifup(8), ifdown(8)

# The loopback interface
# automatically added when upgrading
auto lo
iface lo inet loopback

# The first network card - this entry was created during the Debian
installation
# (network, broadcast and gateway are optional)
# automatically added when upgrading
auto eth0
iface eth0 inet static
        address 192.168.1.209