Re: how to install aha1542 kernel module

>> If you have the binary CDs you can use modconf (or is it modconfig) to
install
>> and remove modules.
>> It's menu driven and easy to use.
>>
>> I beleive you should install the sg module (SCSI Generic).
>
>Thanks.  That's a lot easier.
>
>I've installed this.  I *think* I need module aha1542 for my SCSI CDRW.

>This module is not available to modconf.  Could somebody please help ?

Hmm... I have a aha1542 and I never specifically installed any aha1542 module
(as far as I remember).
But then again perhaps my Debian installation autodetected the controller?
The controller was present when I installed Debian.
Are you installing Debian or are you trying to get a new controller to work
on an already installed Debian?

Cheers :o)

Johnny :o)