Re: kdm & gdm + woody

> 'cause you're not supposed to login as root.  You're not supposed to
> run a window manager or a desktop or any of that stuff.  See 'man su'
> and 'man sudo' for better alternatives.

So who was the idiot genius that thought that one up.  Normally I do login as my user and su when I need to do root stuff.  BUT, I still find it usefull to log into root under a GUI every now and then.  I don't think it should be upto Gnome to not allow me this.  Guy's get a clue...get a consensus before you add something that affects everyone!

Tech

dman <dsh8290@rit.edu> wrote ..