Re: Trouble installing Potato on Dell Poweredge 2450

At 11:43 24/10/2001 +1000, Stuart Allen wrote:
I am having trouble installing Potato on a Dell Poweredge 2450. The problem appears to be the Perc 2/DC RAID controller. When booting off the rescue floppy, the system hangs after the following three lines of output:

megaraid: v1.11 (Aug 23, 2000)
megaraid: found 0x8086 : 0x1960:idx 0:bus 0:slot 2:func 1
scsi2: Found MegaRAID controller at 0xe0004008, IRQ: 11

I have discovered that if I use an old set of boot floppies that I have had lying around for ages, the install proceeds smoothly through to the first reboot. I can partition the drives, install the base etc. The machine still hangs after the above three lines when booting from the hardrive though. Does anyone have any thoughts on why the install program can read and write to the drives fine, but the installed system can't?

Stuart