Re: LILO won't boot after dist-upgrade to testing - HELP!

Thanks, I've seen the thread, but maybe I misunderstood it.
It seemed to that problem only occures if you're already are running 2.4.10
and then run LILO. Also it seemed to me that, the problem should go away in
2.4.12.
I'm compiling the kernel on 2.2.19pre17 and running LILO from it, so I
though
this doesn't apply to me yet, as so far I couldn't boot any 2.4.x kernel.

Also I've downloaded 2.4.12 patched it to 'ac6' compiled several version,
and none of them worked.
I had even a version were I disabled almost everything, including loadable
modules support,
and comiled the few essential things into the kernel. Didn't help.

Somebody sugested it might be an initrd problem.
As I've said I've compiled the kernel severel times and tried everything to
disable it.
No ramdisk support. No modules needed etc.
I\ve tried to boot with:
Linux initrd=/boot/initrd (the precompiled kernel has created one)
and also
Linux noinitrd.

Somebody had problems compiling FireWire support in 2.4.10, just as me.
(Then I just left it out.)
But somebody suggested using a previous version of modutils. I've tried that
as well.

The result is always the same.
LILO starts loading. Dots appear. Reset.

I'm starting to go nuts now!

If you have any suggestions... Please!!!
Many thanks in advance!
best regards,
Balazs