Config file for kernel compilation

Hi all !

I'm ready to compile and install the new kernel 2.4.13 in my box. I've
done it before without problems, but now I want to know if it is safe
to load a config file from an older version.
make xconfig allows (I guess all other config interfaces do it as well)
to load config options from a config file, and my current kernel and
options file are version 2.4.3  May I safely load this option file and
then make any further change a might want ??

Thanks in advance !

Daniel
PS: I fear I did a mess with some verbs in this message, please excuse
me for it can be ugly to read, perhaps it is time to stop been
autodidact and take some formal lessons... :)
--
"There is no spoon..." - The Matrix