Re: What happens when Woody becomes Stable ??

Doug Fields <dfields-list-debian@pexicom.com> writes:

> >Of course, the smoothest way to upgrade is to use dselect.
>
> Why this assertion? I thought dselect was on its way out...

1) dselect isn't on its way out

2) unlike apt-get, it's allows for interactive package selection
during upgrades

3) it fails more gracefully than apt-get if a package doesn't install
correctly during an upgrade

4) it handles "recommends/suggests" somewhat well

dselect isn't hard to use, it just takes a little while to become
accustomed to its behavior.  It's very smart, but kinda talks with a
strange accent, if you know what I mean.

--
Brian Nelson <nelson@bignachos.com>