Possible X bug?

Hi all,

I think I may have possibly stumbled accross an X bug, but I was
interested to see if anyone else had encountered it before bugging the
harried souls of the X Strikeforce. A quick look at the billions of bugs
filed against xserver-xfree86 hasn't turned up anything relevant...

I have a few apps that can run windowed or full-screen (mplayer (latest
version self-compiled) and feh (latest Woody version) are two that I
have confirmed it on). When run full screen, they will be miss-placed.
They will be full-screen sized, and borderless, but start a few hundred
pixels down and accross from the top left-hand corner of the screen.

Imagine, for example, that the full-screen window had a window border
and was dragged some distance accross the screen, so it didn't fill the
whole screen. That's what it's like.

Now, when I run either of these programs in windowed mode (not full
screen), and then drag them into the very top left hand corner of the
screen, then close and run them full screen, they take up the entire
screen. So obviously they are remembering where they have been started
up (or the X server is, or the window manager is), and starting up from
that point when full-screened.

Originally I thought this was a bug in mplayer, because that's where I
first saw it, but now I have seen it in feh as well. Other apps that I
have tried which run full screen (xine and gqview, for example) do not
show this problem.

I'm running latest Woody with a Matrox G450 and sawfish. The following,
I think, are the relevant packages:

[rei:docs]% dpkg -l sawfish\* xserver\* feh\*|grep ^i
ii  sawfish-gnome  0.99-1         A highly configurable window manager for X11
ii  sawfish-merlin 1.0.1-1        More flexible functions for sawfish.
ii  xserver-common 4.1.0-7        files and utilities common to all X servers
ii  xserver-xfree8 4.1.0-7        the XFree86 X server
ii  feh            1.1.0-1        imlib2 based image viewer

Is anyone else seeing these problems? Can anyone run feh or mplayer full
screen properly?

Even suggestions as to which package to file the bug(s) against would be
appreciated.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller :: Department of Criminology :: University of Melbourne

I am Revenge: sent from the infernal kingdom,
To ease the gnawing vulture of thy mind,
By working wreakful vengeance on thy foes.
  -- Titus Andronicus