Re: I Think I Have What I Need! Going For It! STOP Make Menuconfig ERROR

On Wed, 24 Oct 2001, eDoc wrote:

> # cd linux
>
> Uh Oh!
>
> (I think you meant "cd pcmcia" because I can see something
> called "linux" in /usr/src/ trying to "cd" there gets only an error.)

no, i meant linux.  in the linux tar, there is a pcmcia directory.  that's
what i have to remove in order to get a clean kernel compile.

> I did execute "cd pcmcia" and then proceeded ...
>
> # rm -rf pcmcia

this wouldn't do anything, at least as of version 3.1.25.

> # make menuconfig
>
> "***No rule to make target 'menuconfig'. Stop"

make sure you're in your linux source directory (/usr/src/linux) when you
do this.

--