Re: What happens when Woody becomes Stable ??

Sean 'Shaleh' Perry wrote:
... <when woody becomes stable> ...
> >> Or do I need to do some kind of reinstall?
> >
> > Nope.
> >

> There have been Debian machines that have been updated for 5 years.  In fact
> the joke among us Debian developers is that our installer is so bad because
> most of us only see it once.

  no kidding. I installed debian when the potato was unstable, I had to
install stable (which was really old by that time) since potato
installer didn't work... I was quite confused by dselect and
installation was quite, err... confused as well... I planned to make a
fresh install, but got the disk that was too big at that time (for
kernel used during installation etc.) and some other problems so I ended
up copying the 'draft' installation and I am happily using it till
now... it looks like it survived all the abuse so far since I do not see
any unusual problems (it went from slinky to potato to woody (unstable)
to sid (unstable) to woody (testing) to sid). I have to say it's quite
impressive.

  judging by this discussion I guess that's normal for debian...

  now spill the beans: it's not really a joke, right?

	erik