Re: how to install aha1542 kernel module

>> > 	Linux debian 2.2.19pre17 #1 Tue Mar 13 22:37:59 EST 2001 i686 unknown

>> > Would someone please explain where I can find this module and
>> > how to install it ?
>>
>> I'm using kernel-source-2.2.19-8 and the option is CONFIG_SCSI_AHA1542
in
>> the kernel source's .config file.
>
>I do not understand your response.  I am not seeking to recompile a new

>kernel, but I want to make a module available to the kernel.

2.2.19pre17 I think is the standard kernel in Debian 2.2r3

If you have the binary CDs you can use modconf (or is it modconfig) to install
and remove modules.
It's menu driven and easy to use.

I beleive you should install the sg module (SCSI Generic).
If your burner is an IDE burner you will also need to install the ide-scsi
module (or is that scsi-ide).
If you install the ide-scsi module you need to fiddle with the append line
in lilo to make your IDE drive appear as a SCSI drive, and you must make
the link /dev/cdrom point to the /dev/scd# that is now your CD-RW device.

I don't remember the syntax off the top of my head. I'm at my job where there's
no Linux boxes. I can look up the details for you when I get back home if
you want.

Cheers :o)

Johnny :o)