Re: pppoatm

For pppoatm to work, you dont need a package actually.
pppoatm support is in the kernel.
(the pppoe package give you pppoe support in userland,
but their is not such way of doing for pppoatm)
you need :
1) a pppoatm kernel patch. It works well on all recent kernel versions
(search google)
2) a special version of ppp, compiled with support for plugins,
and the pppoatm plugin of course.
You can find a debian package of the oversaid pppd on the sourceforge
page of the driver for the usb adsl modem from alcatel.
(can't remember the name, but i know it's there) ha yes !
Speedtouch is the name of the modem... google once again.

That's how i got an adsl connexion through a forerunner LE atm card
to an adsl modem working, half following the howto for the speedtouch
usb adsl modem, half surfing on the linux-atm pages.

good luck, it's simple once you've suceeded :)

--
I'm an occurence of the I love GNU virus.
Please help me spread.