Re: Kernel 2.4.12 compile problem

danielt@ee.byu.edu(danielt@ee.byu.edu) is reported to have said:
> I know this is probably silly, but I had a lot of headaches with kernel
> compiling and installation until I ran across the kernel-package package.
> I just made a kernel debian package using the 'make-kpkg' which that package
> provides yesterday, and it came off like a charm (2.4.12, too).
>
> Anyway, you may already be familiar with it, but if not, it's worth a
> look.

Daniel

  This old dog has tried make-kpkg but keeps falling back on the 'old'
way.  That said, I did 'try' make-kpkg before I wrote in, but forgot
to mention it.  It had the same problem as make dep, of course.

  I 'think' I had a procedure problem.  I did 'make menuconfig' and
IIRC I saved the .config then ran 'make mrproper', moved the saved
config to .config, and then did 'make dep'. If I had to do it again I
would do 'mrproper' before the 'menuconfig'.  I 'think' thats where I
screwed up.

  Humm, does make-kpkg do a 'make mrproper'?  I'll have to check
that.
--
Computer programmers do it byte by byte