Re: No keyboard after upgrade to testing

On Mon, Oct 22, 2001 at 06:12:06PM -0600, Cameron Matheson wrote:
> Hey,
>
> I was upgrading one of my debian boxen to testing, but during the install my
> keyboard stopped working.  I figured it was a hardware problem (unplugged
> keyboard or something), but when I couldn't find anything wrong, I decided
> to just reset.  The keyboard worked fine in the bios, and during fsck, but
> once I got to login, it stopped working.  I realized that my keyboard
> stopped working shortly after the step in the install where I was supposed
> to select a keymap (I chose 'do not touch my keymap').  Now I don't know
> what to do (I'm ssh'ed in from another box right now, so I can administer
> it).  How can I fix this?

I had this happen to one of my boxen. Stopping gpm allowed the keyboard to
work again, and it's solved itself since then.

--
Ferret

-- Support your government, give Echelon / Carnivore something to parse --
KGB GRU DISA DoD  atheist  defense systems military systems  spy steal EMP
send Russia bank system compromise  World Trade Center  international rule
Bill Gates sensitive directorate  TSP NSTD ORD DD2-N AMTAS STRAP warrior-T