Will the upstream OpenSSH be made available?

I'm running some non-Debian servers, with a freshly-built version of OpenSSH,
version 2.9.9p2.

On my Debian desktop, the latest available reports itself as 2.9p2.

I'm told that the extra ".9" patchlevel makes a difference for some of the
things I'm going to be doing.  Before I go through the pain of building
it myself, I thought I'd ask if this package will be sync'd from upstream
anytime soon.  (I can't seem to find a more recent version in the package
pool, although I have all the unstable lines in my sources.list.)

Phil