RE: Win4Lin & 2.4.10

> IIRC, they at least have patches for 2.4.9. You really run 2.4.12
> instead of 2.4.10 btw.

I'll be moving to the latest Win4Lin supports.

> (I assume you've win4lin 3, if you've win4lin 2, I suggest to upgrade to
> win4lin 3, since newer patches only work with version 3)

I don't have either yet. I'm just making sure that others have had success
before I read new ground.  Since people have responded in the positive, I'll
be ordering 3.0 today.

> If they don't have patches for 2.4.10, 2.4.9 patches won't work with
> 2.4.10 I guess, since quite a lot has changed between 2.4.9 and 2.4.10.
> You could just run 2.4.9 then, works just fine for me (unless you've
> problems with swap).

My guess would be the major change in the VM between 2.4.9 and 2.4.10.  That
would be enough to break a lot of 3rd party patches.

> > I have an AMD K6-II 500.  Is it better to run the K6 options or stick
with
> > generic 386 under Win4Lin?
> With K6 options is supposed to be faster, I never actually benchmarked
> it though.

Cool.  Then I'll continue to use the K6 options.

Thanks for the help.
John