riddle me this??

I was looking at updating a Potato 2.2.r3 running
kernel 2.4.9 (from Bunks page) to Woody.  Following
this list I have noticed all of the problems woth x
font and the Xserver's.  I did a apt-get update
pointing to the testing and then did a apt-get -u
dist-upgrade and looked at the list of packages to be
changed.
  The following packages were to be removed: This is a
partial list, task-x-window-system-core xbase-clients
xf86setup xfonts-100dpi xfonts-75dpi xfonts-base
xfonts-cjk xfonts-cyrillic xfonts-scalable.  The only
packages that I see that will replace these are
xfonts-pex xfree86-common.
  From what I see, if I would have continued with the
dist-upgrade I would not have any fonts available to
me, or does the xfont-pex replace all that is going to
be removed?
  Am i missing something?
I always appreciate the knowledge that is passed on.
Don