Re: Problems with XFree86 4.1.0-8: could not open default font 'fixed'

On Mon, 22 Oct 2001, Patrick Schnorbus wrote:

> > Suddenly, X won't start up anymore. I have no idea how long this problem
> > exists, since my computer had been running continuously for a long time
> > before I encountered the problem and I have no idea how long the last X
> > session has lasted (some weeks, at least).
>
> try to remove the quotes in
> /etc/X11/Xsession.d/99xfree86-common-start

That is not the problem, I already removed the quotes some time ago.

Thinking back, I have restarted X succesfully at least once after
XFree86 4.1.0-7
came out and the "quotes" problem appeared. That X session lasted for a
few weeks. I installed XFree86 4.1.0-8 while X was running and now it
won't start up at all.

Remco