Re: Error reported from some KDE apps

On Sun, Oct 21, 2001 at 13:38:46 -0500, burningclown@westhost43.westhost.net wrote:
> I get the following error when trying to launch certain KDE applications
> (spec. kdevelop or quanta):
>
> quanta: relocation error: /usr/lib/libkssl.so.2: undefined symbol:
> polish__7KDialog

It looks like quanta was compiled against a version of libkssl that is
slightly incompatible with the version you have installed.

> Any advice on what to do here would be welcome.

File a bug report against quanta. In the meantime, you could try something
like "apt-get build-dep quanta && apt-get --build source quanta" to get a
package that's compiled against the actual library version that's installed
on your system.

HTH,
Ray
--
RUMOUR  Believe all you hear. Your world may  not be a better one than the one
the blocks  live in but it'll be a sight more vivid.