problem with rsync

Hi,

I just downloaded the ftp part of the debian image onto my DOS/Windows computer. I am ready to convert it to the official image, but when I run rsync, I get a message that says

failed to connect to rsync.kernel.org - The descriptor is a file, not a  socket.

The 2 server addresses that I got off of the debian website is:

debian.uchicago.edu::debian-cd/stable/official

and

rsync.kernel.org::mirrors/debian-cd/

and I can't get either of them to work.  I already tried to contact debian before and one person just gave me a link to a website and the other told me to enter

rsync --verbose --progress --stats --block-size=8192
 rsync.kernel.org::mirrors/debian-cd/2.2_rev3/i386/binary-i386-1.iso

which didn't work either. It would be much appreciated if you could help me.

Thank in advance,
Charles