Re: Is http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/network-administrator up to date?

On Tue, Oct 09, 2001 at 09:29:54AM -0400, Stan Brown wrote:
> I'm trying to add a default route for my potato machine.
>
> A kind reader of this list pointed me to http://www.debain.org/doc/manuals,
> which seemed like a gold mine. However it references /etc/init.d/network,
> which my mcahine does not have.
>
> Whats the story here?

i think slink (note the intellectual rhyming there) may have had
'network' but potato has 'networking' which relies heavily on
/etc/network/interfaces (man interfaces).

unless i'm wrong (or as uncle vernon would say, "barking,
howling mad").

[slink was debian stable for a while, then potato became the
debian stable, and woody's next. real soon now. that's what they
tell me.]

--
DEBIAN NEWBIE TIP #69 from Will Trillich <will@serensoft.com>
: