Re: tool to scan for open samba shares

On Sat, 2001-10-20 at 20:16, dman wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 20, 2001 at 05:42:01PM +0200, Oliver Korff wrote:
> | Hi folks,
> |
> | I need a tool to scan my network for open samba or windows shares. nmap and
> | netcat are well known, but I want someting thet tells me, what shares are
> | open eg.: //192.168.0.55/C/ or something like that.
>
> smbclient

If you wish something more graphical, I recommend Komba2. You can scan,
mount/unmount and open shares very easily. In my opinion, this is the
closest you will get from opening "Network Neighborhood", and you get
much more control on top of that with the ability to specify the
scanning of a given host or address range.